Free shipping to major centres and most regional centres in South Africa!
The Kaskazi Marlin is a fishing version of the Kaskazi Pelican. It has all the features and user friendly characteristics of the Pelican and is equipped with fishing accessories: Two rod holders and saddles for attaching tethers are fitted aft of the seat, a small hatch or bait box is fitted to the centre console, a plastic crate is accommodated in the recessed rear hatch and anchor trolley lines are fitted to both gunwales on the bow and the port gunwale on the stern. Carry handles are fitted on either side at the point of balance.
The Marlin is ideal for the catch-and-release angler who does not need the large fish box offered by the Dorado. It provides a light and manageable platform for angling, snorkelling and spear-fishing. The rocker on the bow and stern make the Marlin very manageable at anchor in tide races.
It’s volume ensures excellent stability and load carrying capacity. The reliability and user-friendliness of the Marlin makes it very appealing as a day tripper and for recreational paddling. It has significant rocker on the stern in order to make it very responsive to the rudder, therefore it tracks well with the rudder but not without the rudder. The angling accessories make it a very versatile recreational kayak.
The Marlin is suitable for all paddlers from novices through to experienced.
- Fitted with all the angling accessories: Bait box, 2 rod holders, anchor trolleys and a crate on the rear hatch
- Comfortable cockpit with deep back support
- Sit on top expedition kayak capability
- Tracks well with the rudder and turns fast
- Excellent all round stability
- High load carrying capacity
- Large hatches
- Two bulkheads
- Rudder with up-haul and down-haul
- Pedal steering with self-adjusting rudder lines