Free shipping to major centres and most regional centres in South Africa!
As the name implies, this is an interpretation of the beautiful Greenland style kayak. Traditionally, Greenland kayaks sat low in the water, had flat decks and very slightly swept up bow and stern. The reason for this was to minimise the windage of the kayak since Greenlanders often had to paddle in stormy conditions. The traditional Greenland kayak had a single hard chine where the Kaskazi Greenland has a double hard chine to soften the look and improve performance.
The result is a long, low and slender kayak with striking good looks. /the Kaskazi Greenland has been designed for recreational and extreme paddling rather than touring, so it is not fitted with hatches as standard. It can be fitted with a 200mm spin in hatch on the rear deck as an option. The Kaskazi Greenland is 5.3m long and therefore has a very good top speed.
The kayak is relatively low volume so it suits smaller paddlers (50 – 70 kg) very well. Although it is narrow, it’s secondary stability is good, but it is not intended for novice paddlers. It is very responsive to paddle and body input but it can be fitted with a rudder or a retractable skeg as an option.
- Steerable over-stern rudder
- Retractable skeg
- Spin in hatch in rear deck
- Carrying handles
- Long and slender design provides good speed and responsiveness
- Perimeter lines and deck rigging fore and aft of the cockpit
- Small volume makes it ideal for smaller paddlers
- Good secondary stability despite it slender beam
- Clean and uncluttered deck with no unnecessary fittings
- Two bulkheads and drain plugs for and aft